Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Take luck!

So, I'm pretty sure that this is one of the lamest blogs in all of blogdom. Come on people, lets make this thing legit and keep each other posted like a good blogging family would! If you know of any family members who need an invite, send me their email addresses--- I'll get them the hook up.

Anywho, Linds came down to Provo with cousin Jessica (most of you have met her- my mom's sister Steph's daughter) this last weekend for the sole purpose of going to the Brian Regan comedy show at Thanksgiving Point. It was really fun/funny/the best. He had three shows that week on wednesday, thursday, and friday. They all sold out--- 4,000 people at each show! You know how us Mormons like our good clean fun!

The best part of the night was when we got to go backstage and meet Mr. Regan himself! Long story short: Jessie's dad is his insurance agent. It was AWESOME. I'm telling you, I've never done the whole VIP thing before, but I like it. We were worried about getting seats because the venue was an outdoor amphitheatre (the kind where you bring blankets to sit on). We got there later than we planned on and tons of people were already seated an hour and a half before the show started. But lo and behold, the passes saved us with a taped off section of lawn specifically reserved for VIPs. Very exclusive, if you know what I mean. Haha! Before the start, we were driven to a 'remote area' of the venue and got to mingle with Brian and others. He is a nice guy- and funny of course. It was a great girls night out. We were laughing the whole time. So, shout out to Jess and her dad for a great weekend! If you haven't heard of Brian Regan, check him out! He's really funny--- I know there are tons of clips on YouTube you can watch for free.

Here's a picture of Linds, Mr. Regan, myself, and Jessica backstage before the show:


Well family, love you all! Hope to hear from you soon. I check this baby regularly.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I think the best part of the whole show was the lawyer bit as we have discussed... "I slaughtered a MAN!", need I say more.

And yes, this family blog is not quite meeting our hopeful expectations.
Gramps (and Gram)... we still need to hear from you. You are the patriarchs of this fam!
Dad, aka Lee, where are you on this blog... this whole thing was your idea you know!
Get writing and sharing everyone!

Jerry and Cathy said...

Sounds like fun!

Your entry compelled me to post. Did it meet your expectations? I talked to Gram about the blog so I think they will take action. Thanks for the encouragment Brit and Linds!!

B. said...

WOOO! Way to go Cathy (and/or Jerry?)!!! Love to see the action on the blog.